About Life & Nourishing and food shopping

10:05








Our neighborhood had just gotten even better!
You probably know already that I love healthy fresh food and since leaving NYC I have always missed the fantastic & gigantic Wholefoods on East Houston Street, if you have ever been, you will know what I am talking about. Well all my wishes have been heard and we just got a beautiful BIG About Life wholefoods supermarket complete with buffet, cafe and all.
The light is beautiful and it smells sooo good, I could spend a whole day in there.
We discovered it completely by surprise the other night, while heading out to our usual grocery store.
I was so happy and couldn't stop smiling walking through the isles, stocking up on delicious healthy treats.Dave had to document on his phone, as we didn't bring our camera with us.
The next morning, we grabbed Dalston and ordered coffee and take away breakfast at the Cafe and had a Winter breakfast picnic in the Park. So much fun.
As a professional makeup artist in Sydney it's not always easy to eat healthy and fresh food, as there is usually catering provided on photo shoots and the options can be small at times, so I try and have breakfast and dinner at home whenever I can.
Now home cooking is so much more fun too, with being able to get everything just around the corner.
I have even been baking this week, possily for the first time since landing in Australia.
Lately it's been about food over here, while Winter really arrived and the nights are cold calling for nourishing yummy hot food, teas, soups and baked goodness.
Little Dalston is a happy chap as ususal and of course only gets the freshest organic food too :)
He still hasn't had a hair cut and his hair has just grown super long for now, we will see how much longer we can bare the long intense brushing sessions before we will give in and see a groomer.

What's new with you?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I made veggie pot pie for dinner tonight and it was SO good, love winter cooking! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually quite enjoying the colder weather too, it's so nice for cooking and snuggling indoors.x

      Delete
  2. One can see how happy this place has made you. You're smiling all over your face. And yes, winter to me is a lot about food too. Well, in this household it is usually always about food, having a kitchegod as a husband, but in summer we tend to go easy and light. In winter we will try out much different stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish there was one of these in the Inner West. For now, I'll have to let the markets suffice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one in Rozelle, but I think this new one is bigger and has more specials. burrito bar, pizza bar etc. x

      Delete
  4. how cool! the store looks fantastic..I love to cook in the winter too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! You are a star!